Friday, July 9, 2010

Update from the Nieuw Amsterdam

Hi Everyone,
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I have been super busy. I am still on the ship. We have been to Croatia, Greece, and Italy. I will be uploading some pictures in the next day or two. Holland America keeps extending my contract. As of now they want me to stay until the 26th, but there may not be any extra rooms so may be coming home the 14th, the 24th, the 26th, or sometime in August. The sea's have been really rough. I hope you are all doing well. I am spending as much time as I can in the Broadcast center. They are training me on all the equipment so I can come back on as a Broadcast Tech or assistant broadcast tech. It is exciting to be sailing and seeing a new port every day or every couple days. We have been working LONG and CRAZY hours but I am loving every minute of it. I am trying to manage my time well. The stage manager wants me to help out full time in the Theater but one of the heads of entertainment for Holland America wants me to spend as much time as I can in Broadcast so it is a balancing act. I love your comments, Thank you. It is 12:30 here and I am tired and going to call it a night. Thank you all for your support, prayers, and helping keep me going.

Daniel Warren.

PS. I will have quite a few pictures up as soon as I can.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome update, Dano. Can hardly wait for some pictures. Praying for you. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daniel - Mom here... take care of yourself and I hope that you are sleeping ok - we miss you! Love you lots... Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Daniel. We could not be more happy for you!!
    Sounds like a lot of hard hard work; but it is paying off - every department wants you to work for them!! Sounds like the Broadcast is right up your expertise and the fact they want to fully train you seems to us like they are grooming you for (hopefully) full time with the company.
    We are thinking happily of you each and every day. You are so awesome!! Wow, out of the whole family you are the lucky one who gets to travel in all the beautiful places of the world that the rest of us just dream about. You know who would love knowing you are off in Italy? Grandma and Grandpa Warren, that's who. Remember they spent the 1st year of their marriage traveling Europe and had many great memories. They would be (and I am sure they are) so very proud of you for taking on this adventure. We love you so much. Janet & John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you Dan, so proud of you bro. Can't wait to see you when you get back man

    -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Danno Bean!

    Thanks so much for the update! It was SO wonderful to hear from you :)

    I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the time. I just had lunch with Aunt Mary today and got to brag about you :) May the Lord bless you with efficiency of time - as a veteran of the theatre I COMPLETLEY understand it's suck-up-all-of-your-time power! Exciting to hear you might be able to come back on again :)

    I love you, bro, and can't wait to see you! I am secretly hoping you're able to come home so you can come camping with us, but if not, that's totally good too. We can't wait to hear all of your stories - you'll have to come spend a couple of days in Seattle with us!

    Love you! -Melis

    ReplyDelete