Monday, June 7, 2010

Another Gorgeous Day In Italy

Hi Everyone,
I hope this post finds you will. I am doing great. I am still a little sore but I am getting used to the hours again. It has been a while since I have been pulling 10-16 hour days. I am loving it here. The weather has been sunny and in the 80's. Luckily the ship has AC. We are super busy getting everything ready and trying to get everything commissioned. Each morning there are about 15-20 of us that leave the hotel around 7:45. We have been using 2, 9 passenger vans (including driver). Matt, the Stage Manager, who is doing a lot of the driving took the van to the gas station to get diesel gas and fill up the van. The gas stations are full service here so you don't pump the gas yourself. They filled the gas tank with unleaded and we had to take it to the shop to get the van fixed after it broke down. Today we had to take 2 trips. I can't believe my I am get to spend my birthday here in Italy. I will miss being with all of you but I am so excited I get to spend it here. I have come down with a bad cold and sore throat. I am drinking lots of water and trying to kick it as soon as I can. There is still a lot of work that needs to be done before the ship sails. I have attached a link to the website of the hotel we are staying at.

http://www.hotelvenezia.org/eng/index.asp

I will be moving onto the ship June 12th.

I am heading to dinner and will add more later.

Thank you so much for reading and your comments.

Daniel Warren

6 comments:

  1. Daniel - your posts are fun to read - thanks for keeping us today. The pictures have been great. Take pictures of the food and buildings! And Happy 25th Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DANIEL
    WISH WE COULD BE THERE WITH YOU!!!!!

    Have a wonderful birthday and may that cold be gone in a flash.
    Hope you have the most special, memorable, awesome birthday ever.
    Love you so much. Janet & John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phooey. We were so disappointed we missed your phone call today. From the sound of your voice you do sound like you have a doozy of a cold. Hope it is not interfering with your new wonderful job.

    Hope you got a few minutes out of your busy day to stop and enjoy the moment of it being your BIRTHDAY!!!! today...
    Love and hugs Birthday guy!!! Janet & John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Danno!
    I was thinking about you all day yesterday! I hope you had a wonderful birthday in Italy!

    Love you, brother :)

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DANNO BEAN
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

    Love you,

    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Daniel - Mom here... we are heading to bed and hope that you have a great work day while we sleep. We went to look at a lot that G and G are thinking of buying to build a new house on... it has potential. Tomorrow Monica Thain and I are going to lunch and walk around Fairhaven... Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. More pictures on the ship would be fun, if you have time... Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete